For mobile phones that use the Symbian Operating System (Symbian OS), please use the famous application made by lonelycatgames that is Smartmovie
Using Smartmovie is indeed very at enjoined for symbian users as friendly, lightweight, not complicated, and the main thing is to show subtitle format support, although only SUB format only.
- Standard AVI format, allowing you to preview converted files on your PC
- Also plays MP4V, FLV and 3GP file formats
- Player uses the phone screen in portrait or landscape mode, utilizing the full screen size of the device
- Rescaling of video to utilize the full screen area
- Support for subtitles – allowing you to watch movies in different languages
- Friendly PC converter – preview videos on PC, select parts you want to convert, change conversion quality
- Converter supports DirectShow codecs, so you may use video codecs downloadable from the internet
- Fast conversion; on a standard PC conversion is 5x faster than the video clip playback time.
- You’ll convert entire movie in just a few minutes
- Quality rescale algorithm in player, delivering best possible picture quality
- Customizable video player (brightness, language, volume, and more)
- User-friendly interface – watch movies, don’t waste time configuring obscure settings
Symbian S60 2nd (s60v2) edition
Symbian S60 3rd/5th (s60v3, s60v5) edition, Symbian ^3 / Anna / Belle
Nokia E-series users – read:
If you own Nokia E-series mobile phone (E60, E61, E70, …),
you may need to do following in order to allow phone to install SmartMovie:
- Open Application Manager
- Choose Options, then Settings
- Switch Software installation to *All* (not *Certified only*)
This will allow you to install non-certified applications.
Free Download SmartMovie
how to appear subtitle when using SmartMovie?
it’s very easy.
Use X-plore,open subtitle which still in .zip format, then using X-plore to open and extrack file .zip, there are 2 format subtitle. (1) .SUB format, (2) .SRT format. Then just select the the SUB format and extract to same folder which video located
Your video are in “Movie Folder”, and subtitle should be in “Movie Folder” too, and name of the video and subtitle have to same name.
Suppose it is the name of the movie Dark_Knight_Risses.2012_BRRip.avi and subtitle name also must Dark_Knight_Risses.2012_BRRip.sub
just different in end of eksistensi file, according to video format is .avi and for subtitle the eksistensi is .sub.
Finish, enjoy watching.
But watch out! Because now SmartMovie has many versions, until the latest is version 4.20 but not all Smartmovie, stable to play the same video with subtitles
Because SmartMovie Version 4 was problematic, Video and Subtitle is not always suitable, especially for Mobile symbian mid-end down.
So, it is recommended speci for playing Movie, SmartMovie Version 3 use only, such as Version 3:42 or 3:25.
One more thing drawback of SmartMovie, that is only supports a particular codec and are very limited.
What is a codec? For this please find information on Google.
Like what is the problem? Once you find Video format .avi but can not be played on smart movie? Yes it is because the Video codec file is not readable by smart movie codec.
So, if you find a video that can not be played by Smart movie in Blog Top Movies 21 please use other alternative applications, such as:
Yes, JulyPlayer can display the same subtitle as the Smart Movie but this application is rather complicated. Not such a smart movie that just take and put the subtitle, these JulyPlayer applications only support the SRT subtitle format, with utf-8 text coding.
Well before we put the subtitles into the video folder, format subtitle (the SRT) these need to edit, to edit using X-plore, how:
In X-plore, select the menu – tools – configuration – select the text coding utf-8 – back.
Highlight the subtitle, select the menu – file – edit – menu – save as unicode tick, (there should be a check mark) – back – then simply save and complete input into the folder Video movies are.
One more thing shortcoming JulyPlayer, these very heavy applications that require mobile phone with a large RAM capacity. So these application designated for mid-end Symbian upwards.
Advantages, of course JuliPlayer supports many video formats and codecs.
If your phone is not qualified, just relax, there are other alternative applications such as:
– Rush Player
– Etc.. Maybe someone else knows what applications?
Please try, if still can not, so we have had to watch in CorePlayer, which does not support reading the subtitle.
For Android Operating System these obviously do not need to be discussed extensively, you just select it in the market, which application of a suitable video player that can play video with subtitle
Only recommendation, please use MX Player or Player or Dolphin, there are friends who want to give advice please.
Same with Android sophisticated, perhaps more powerful but I do not know what is application should use because it does not have a cell phone (expensive).
Maybe someone knows??
Sorry, not sure name of the application that can play avi video, and subtitle support in these RIM.
Maybe someone knows??
Looks like we do not have the application to play avi video on these JAVA.
If there are any questions please